opportunity awaits unemployed graduates who wish to explore their different fields as they will meet and work alongside great minds at the Rhodes University internship program 2022.
This will be the best thing to happen to many graduates as it will be a dream come through and a stepping stone to greatness, The Rhodes University internship program is designed to help graduates.
Details of Rhodes University Internship 2022
Internship Location: Grahamstown, Eastern Cape
Internship Closing Date: 11 March 2022
Internship: Presidential Youth Employment Initiative Programme
Guidelines for graduate interns as per the Presidential Youth Employment Initiative (PYEI) programme
Rhodes University is pleased to announce that recruitment for Interns in the specified disciplines of the Higher Education Employment Initiative will be available.
The Department of Higher Education and Training has allocated 150 unemployed university graduates to Rhodes University as part of the Presidential Youth Employment Initiative (PYEI)-Higher Youth between the ages of 18 and 35, who are currently unemployed, not studying full time, nor receiving any form of a government grant (including NSFAS). Candidates selected for placement will have an opportunity to receive on-the-job training on various skills that will equip them for future employment opportunities. Please note that the subjects are a guideline and need to be read together with the applicability of the work area. The degree and the subjects required are outlined in the document contained in this link:
To qualify for an Internship placement, you must have completed your qualification (Degree) and provide proof. To work in the university environment, you must have an excellent ability to work with people and within groups, have good communication skills, be a good listener, and be interested in serving the university community. To reiterate, will the following requirements be applicable:
· Only interns that successfully obtained a degree at a University would be considered. This includes all degrees as well as a post doctorate.
· Applicants should be South African citizens, unemployed and between ages 18-35.
· Interns will be paid a monthly stipend of R5 000.00 per month.
· Only interns residing in Makhanda will be considered.
· The internship will be for six months.
· It is expected that interns will be deployed full time to support the transfer of work-related skills and competencies during the intern period. This indicates a full working day over the six months.
How to apply
To apply for the Internship opportunity please complete the application form and attach a comprehensive CV. The closing date for applications is 4 March 2022 and the application form need to be forward to PYEIinterns@ru.ac.za
Should you receive notice that you have been selected for shortlisting and invited for an interview, you will be required to prepare the following documents:
- Testimonials (x 2)
- Police clearance certificates / Affidavit/Declaration by the applicant stating they have no criminal record while awaiting the Police clearance (only if required in line with the university policy requirements
- Certified qualifications such as Matric and university qualification, or confirmation of completion.
- Certified copy of South African identity document (this opportunity is only available to South African Citizens and permanent residents).
- Covid – vaccination certificate.
The starting date of the internship will be either April, May or June and will be discussed during the interview. Please note that the recruitment and placement of Graduate Interns will be done in line with all Rhodes University’s policies and protocols.For more information please contact:Nomaxabiso Yantolo