Luck has shined on everyone that has been wanting to further their studies in Romania. The Romanian Government Scholarships are presently ongoing for international students that want to go live and study in Romania.
Again, the Romanian Government Scholarships are fully-funded and packed with benefits. It is largely meant for bright international students in different academic levels who do not mind competing for a spot on the scholarship.
So, if you think of scholarships in a cool country that also provide full academic expense coverage and other benefits attached to it, think of Romanian Government Scholarships.
Romania is a country located in between the central Eastern and Southeastern parts of Europe. Here, it has boundaries with Bulgaria to the south, Ukraine to the north, Hungary to the west, Serbia to the southwest, Moldova to the east, and the black sea to the southeast. Its capital city is called Bucharest and it is also the largest city in the country. More so, Romania is the twelfth largest country in Europe and it is a member of the European Union (EU).
Furthermore, the Romanians have free education. Their education system is regulated and enforced by the Ministry of National Education. Hence, schooling in Romania is compulsory for the Romanians. Higher education is provided by universities, colleges, institutes, and other establishments collectively called Higher Education Institutions (HEIs). In Romania, Higher Education Institutions can be privately owned or state-owned. Currently, there are 56 accredited public institutions and 41 private institutions in Romania.
Romanian Government Scholarships
The Romanian government has mapped out a yearly scheme in form of scholarships that will benefit international students that want to come into the country for further education. Importantly, these scholarships are fully funded and will benefit students at different levels of their educational pursuits. Like, Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree, and Ph.D. degree programs.
Additionally, these scholarships are all funded by the ministry of foreign affairs of Romania. So, if you are lucky enough to be selected, you can go live, enjoy and study in Romanian for the duration of your study.
Number of scholarships
Scholarships totaling 85 in number will be awarded to the students that merit it. Also, this scholarship will be awarded to students from different countries. This scholarship covers so many courses provided in the universities in Romania. So, you might want to go through the courses and make sure your course of study is among before you apply. Aside from that, the duration of most Bachelor’s degree courses is between 3 to 6 years. For the Master’s degree, it is between 1 to 2 years duration. Then, the doctorate degree lasts between 3 to 4 years long. Remember, the majority of these scholarships are offered without IELTS.
Available courses for scholarships
- Agricultural science
- Engineering, Education science
- Gas and oil
- Political and administrative science
- Romanian culture and civilization
- Social and human sciences
- Technical studies
- Veterinary medicine
- Visual arts
Note: Medicine, Dental Medicine, and Pharmacy are not eligible for the scholarship
Romanian Government Scholarships Benefits
You see, this is not just an ordinary scholarship. To understand better, this scholarship is fully funded by two great Ministries. That is the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Exemption from the payment of registration fees or any other fees required by the application process, testing for the Romanian language skills, taking the admission contest for doctoral studies, and the specific aptitude tests
- Paid tuition fees for the Romanian Language preparatory year
- Financing the tuition expenses for the duration of the study and not more than
- Free accommodation
- Monthly stipends: undergraduate students 65 EUR monthly, Master’s students 75 EUR monthly, Postgraduate 85 EUR monthly
- Health care coverage for the duration of the study
Requirements to complete the file
Each candidate will create an account on the Study in Romania platform, fill in the requested data, and upload the following documents:
- Official letter from the diplomatic mission of the nation of origin in Bucharest
- Completed MFA application form for a scholarship in Romania
- MER application form for obtaining a letter of acceptance to study in Romania
- Copies of the obtained diplomas (Master’s, baccalaureate diploma, and doctors degree, if any), and their legitimate translation into either French, English, or Romania
- Copies of transcripts of the completed studies including their authorized translations if need be.
- Birth certificate translated in English Language, Romania, or French Language
- A copy of your passport’s first three pages or of the national document of identity and the authorized translation into English, French, Romania, Spanish, if needed
- Your CV in English or French Language in the required format and, for the doctoral cycle, also, a letter of intent from the applicant in Romania, French, English, or Spanish Language
- Two recent passport copies
Romanian Government scholarships eligibility
- Candidates from any part of the world are eligible. However, European states members are not allowed.
- Submit a complete file
- Present study documents issued by a recognized educational institute in the country you studied
- Comply with the enrollment closing dates
- Have good academic results, respectively an average of the study years, for the last graduated school of at least 7 corresponding to the scoring system in Romania
- Comply with the application submission methodology
Foreign citizen obligation
- To respect the Romanian Constitution and the laws of the Romanian state
- Comply with the internal regulations of the educational institution in which you study
- Present at the time of enrollment at the university where they are accepted, a medical certificate stating that the candidate is fit for studies and free of any contagious diseases, and its authorized translation into English, Spanish, French, or Romanian, if needed
Note: Lectures will be taught in the Romanian Language. That is the reason why you have to go through the 1-year Romanian language preparatory class.
How to submit application files:
The scholarship must be submitted only through the Study in Romania platform
Candidates can access the platform here: https://studyinromania.gov.ro through the Apply for MFA Scholarships button, or through https://scholarships.studyinromania.gov.ro
How to apply:
Closing date: March 15, 2022
For more information on the Romanian Government Scholarships please visit: https://www.mae.ro/sites/default/files/file/anul_2021/2021_pdf/information_on_the_scholarship_programme-1.pdf
In conclusion, you might want to jump on this opportunity and apply for Romanian Government Scholarships.