There are numerous students worldwide with dreams of studying in foreign countries. If you’re reading this, you’re probably one of the many who will love to learn in a foreign university. With the Bristol University Think Big Scholarship, your study goals can become a reality.
Indeed, the scholarship at Bristol University is not easy to achieve like many other scholarships out there. However, with this post, I’ll be putting you through everything you need to know to secure this scholarship with this post. Ensure you stick to this post to the end to increase your chances of achieving your goals.
What is the Bristol University Think Big Scholarship?
This scholarship is one the University of Bristol offers international students to help them come to the University of Bristol. It provides help for the best and brightest students; thereby, its awards are merit-based.
The university is investing 500,000 euros to help the students which it selects. The Think Big Scholarships are available for several courses. Think Big also awards scholarships for all years of undergraduate study ongoing at the University of Bristol.
It has the Think Big Undergraduate scholarships and Postgraduate Scholarships. This opportunity opens the doors for individuals going for any of the programs. The undergraduate international students’ awards value is 5,000 euros and 10,000 euros directed towards tuition costs.
Below are some of the benefits of the University of Bristol Think Big Scholarships for undergraduates:
- There is freedom for scholars to conduct and do research without interference
- It addresses the tuition fees for students with about 5,000 euros to 10,000 euros
- There are international research mentors available
Below are some of the benefits of the University of Bristol Think Big Scholarships for postgraduates:
- It addresses the tuition fees for students with about 5,000 euros to 20,000 euros
- It enables scholars to conduct research freely
- There are international research mentors available
Like every other scholarship, there are specific criteria the student must meet to qualify for the scholarship. To increase their chances of grabbing this life-changing opportunity, students must:
- Be fluent with the required language, which is the English Language
- Be classified as an overseas student for fee purposes. You should consider that Bristol has international students as its primary focus.
- Have applied for a full-time undergraduate degree in the qualifying courses. Keep in mind that all courses are eligible in the Think Big Scholarships except Medicine, Dentistry, and Veterinary Science.
- Have a one-year or full-time taught postgraduate program at the University of Bristol for students applying for doctoral opportunities.
- Not be receiving any funding from another platform. This rule applies if anyone can consider this funding equal to more than the total cost of tuition fees.
All students should know that the program period depends on their selected course.
How to Apply for the University of Bristol Think Big Scholarships
Those who wish to apply for this scholarship do so through an application form. Applicants of a postgraduate program are to submit an extra application form which they can submit in two rounds. Visit the website for the details on the dates and deadlines for application.
For an undergraduate scholarship, here is the process you should take:
- Visit the University of Bristol’s official website and pick an application form
- Complete the application form, filling in some personal details. These details include your name, nationality, email, residential information, choice, of course, educational background details, and so on.
- You will also need to submit your Student’s Application ID for Postgraduate students.
- Complete the application form to ready any necessary documents at a stretch. There are no options for saving the documents.
- Crosscheck all details very carefully and correct any errors you may have made
- After checking through, accept the terms and conditions.
- Click on the Submit button and consider the application gone. You cannot pull it anymore for any edit.
- Once you submit your application successfully, you will get a notification to approve this.
About University of Bristol
How would you like to study in a university where you can immediately secure a well-paying job upon graduating? With the University of Bristol being the fourth most targeted university by UK top employers, it’s worth the shot.
The University of Bristol received its royal charter in 1909. It is presently a red brick Russell Group research university in Bristol, England. The university’s roots go down to a Merchant Venturers’ school in 1595.
The university has six academic faculties with multiple schools and departments. It is running over 200 undergraduate courses, majorly in the Tyndalls Park area of the city. The current academics include 21 Academy of Medical Sciences fellows and others.
Bristol has numerous achievements, including nine Nobel laureates. It had a total income of 752 million euros between 2020 and 2021, with 169.8 million from grants. It is also the largest independent employer in Bristol.
As a member of the Russell Group of research-intensive British universities, it enjoys other numerous privileges as well. It is also a member of the Worldwide Universities Network and the European-wide Coimbra Group. Between 2005 to 2007, the university’s previous vice-chancellor – Eric Thomas – was the chairman of the Worldwide Universities Network.
Bristol is a holder of an Erasmus Charter, sending over 500 students to partner institutions in Europe annually. It has an average of 6.4 (Sciences faculty) to 13.1 (Medicine and Dentistry Faculty) applicants.
Other Bristol Fun Facts
Bristol can be your second home when speaking about just how conducive it is for living. There are hundreds of nationalities in the community and various cultures and traditions. In Bristol, there are many people to meet, hang out with and learn about their lifestyles.
The city features beautiful countryside which gives a relaxing view during your leisure. Additionally, there are over 450 parks and open spaces for recreational purposes. The city is flocked with many fun and educational activities, carnivals, games, markets, and sports.
Numerous famous people have their hometowns in Bristol, so you might likely see them hanging around. As a city closer to London, you can be sure of good transport services, primarily through air and train. It is one of the most cosmopolitan cities in the United States.